Thursday, November 1

Inspiration

This week has been a week off Uni, dedicated to go out an learn and look at things. Wasn't quite sure at the beginning of the week what I wanted to do. I wanted to some inspiration for my project at the moment, which I had come to a bit of a stand still on, but I also wanted to take the time to go out and do something more practical.

In the end I am pretty happy with what I have done this week. The climate change lecture on Monday was interesting, even though it left me feel a bit like the small sustainable things I do in my projects are small and insignificant.

I found the geometry and playfulness of the Serpentine Pavilion interesting and inspirational.

The vertical elements and the playing with views that the birch trees do outside the Tate Modern made me feel more confident about my proposal for Paddington Basin. Where I use vertical elements and views. I never noticed that the birch trees outside the Tate do that in a way before.

It felt good to go out and do something practical with the BTCV and I look forward to doing some more.

The Matthew Barney exhibition was good for me to see, since I am not that great at drawing. It was inspirational to see good simple drawings and looked really good. It made me want to practice my drawing a lot more.

It has been nice to have a week without lectures and studio to give you time to go out and do and learn things that it sometimes is hard to have time for otherwise. I think during the focus weeks this semester I kind just want to see different things to help me realise what I think are important things to me in my design. Hopefully next semester I can then concentrate on a few things and learn them properly.

No comments: