Thursday, November 1

BTCV Lewisham

Went out for the day today to do some volunteer conservation work with BTCV in Lewisham. We met up in Hilly fields in Ladywell in south London. The task for the day was clearing out bramble in the entrance bit to the park and the wildlife area of the park. It was great to be doing some practical work and get some fresh air. I really enjoyed getting stung by the needles of the brambles. It was the first time I have done any work with the BTCV and it was a good experience. I was the only one under 50 I think, but everyone were really nice and very enthusiastic.

My intention is to do some more days before Christmas and try to get involved. They work across a lot of different parks in south London and it will be a good chance to see the difference in landscape and parks and space. In terms of maintenance, bad and good examples and what kind of values BTCV have. Hopefully I will learn some about trees and planting as I do along. I think it will benefit my aim in becoming a landscape architect.

No comments: