Tuesday, March 3

My website

I have chosen not go with the moonfruit site for creating my website. I have bought my own domain (www.hannamarie.co.uk) and plan to create the site from scratch. The benefits with this is that I keep the website for the future and update and do work to. It also gives me an opportunity to learn more about web design and gives me more freedom to create actually what I want.

I have chosen to call my site my first name and middle name, as I am getting married this summer and my sir name will change, this avoids confusion. I wanted to still use my name, cause I think that works best for an on line portfolio. It is not a business or a blog, so I think it needs to be linked to my name. 

Below is  a navigation mock up. It is designed to float over the background image. It also outlines ho I am going to sort my content on my site. I am not planning to sort my work by years, but by category.


In designing my site I mocking up layouts in indesign and illustrator and when I come to a desicion on a design I will start to put it together in dreamveaver. This is a different approach then using the tools and templates that you can find in moonfruit. There you are working from existing elements and makes changes. My approach works the other way - where I decide what it should look like and work and then putting it together. I believe this is a more creative and focused approach that suits me better. 

No comments: