Sunday, January 11

Extended essay - oppurtunity

The subject of my extended essay is an important decision as this is an opportunity to learn and get deeper knowledge about a certain area that is close to my interests as a landscape architect. 

My initial thought was to look into food production / growing in an urban environment, not calling it Urban agriculture - but more interested in smaller scale solutions that can make a big difference.

My other thought is to look into the planting element that is used in urban environments today. In a lot of urban schemes a lot of block / mono cultural planting is used and I wanted to investigate what benefits a more naturalistic solution could have. Also looking at other ecological solutions that can be applied in different spaces to change the way a process works. 

I think it is important that the subject of the essay is a something that will increase my knowledge in area that will benefit me when I start to work in a practice. I think both these subjects are close to heart and is valuable knowledge that I can use in projects. 

No comments: