Wednesday, October 31

Matthew Barney

http://www.serpentinegallery.org/MB283_L3_small%20NO%20CAPTION.jpg

At the serpentine gallery there is a exhibition on at the moment of Matthew Barney. I didn't quite know what to expect when I walked in. The exhibition has films, drawings and sculptures. I didn't really like the films (but I have to admit I didn't really give them a chance) . I did like some of the drawings, they reminded me of landforms and some were really simple. The sculptures were made from industrial materials such as petroleum jelly, expanded polystyrene and poly - carproactone thermoplastic. The 'Holographic Entry Point' (the photo above) reminded me of oil covered beach and the forms and shape made it interesting. I guess everyone experiences the exhibition differently and I went away feeling inspired in terms of drawing and landforms.

No comments: